Today is my birthday (Monday Coffee: May 23rd, 2022)
Just arrived at the coffee shop to knock out today’s newsletter. Hoping to be quick with this one so I can go enjoy my birthday with the family. (I think I want crawfish). Let’s begin.
Before reading, if you’re new here, subscribe below.
Still love what I wrote last year, and it fits with this year as well:
What a beautiful year it’s been to get to 35. A lot of changes. New relationship. New home. New job. New dog. Completely new life. My world looks nothing like it did before last year, and I wouldn’t change that for the world. I haven’t been creating much, because I’ve been creating a family. I’ve been more private than ever, because the world is more noisy now. I’ve fought many battles throughout my life. The silence only means that I finally won.
At 36, on my birthday, I’m reflecting on three things: my wife, my daughter, and our home. What an amazing life I have. So thankful.
The main photos page
nashp.com/photos is the easiest and best way to see all the latest photos. It’s a new page built by Jay Ray that goes dark and showcases all the photos in one location. We spent the week building out this page as my main photo page. I love the way it came out. Let me know what you think.
You’ll notice this week has a lot of photoblogs. We took lots of photos. The workflow is getting more efficient. I’m learning more about the camera daily. As you look through the pictures, I hope you see the growth from the previous ones. We’re working really hard on them.
Organizing digital stuff
Organizing my digital information is also where my focus has been this week. Managing all the photos I’m taking, building out my task manager for all the new projects, and organizing Ulysses for managing the stories for all of this. Feel like I’ve been chipping away at this same problem for many years now, but I consider that a good problem.
Here’s my latest homescreens:
- May 16th: New motivation, photoblogs, Slide strap, new logo, Kendrick Lamar
- May 9th: Becoming a pro, organizing photos, The Heart Part 5
- May 2nd: Make gifts, guest posts, a conversation with Jeff Goins, Mark One, My Apple Notes system, nashOS, Field Notes
- April 25th: Field Notes and stickers, cheap projector, Elon buys twitter
- April 18th: Why Mondays, share your story, aiming for instant, Family Dashboard, micro tools, making music again, create like there’s no metrics, I deleted TikTok