Hard Work Pays Off (Monday Coffee: June 13th, 2022)
Good morning. Just arrived at the coffee shop. So much to do, so little time. Writing. Meetings. Workouts. It’s a good problem to have, being this busy. I don’t take it for granted. It’s inspiring. I’m just trying to keep up. Let’s begin.
Before we go any further, if you’re new here, please subscribe below.
Hard work pays off
After getting back from New Orleans last week, the momentum is starting to shift for me. The photos, meetings, studying, editing, the new lens, etc. — all of this feels like I just leveled up.
It’s been a little over a month since I bought this camera. I’ve been studying it every day since opening the box. That month long process and all that hard work, started paying off last week.
I spent the week setting up Lightroom as my main photo management and editing suite. As much as I love Darkroom, it’s not built to handle thousands of photos I throw at it every week. Lightroom is built for that. It’s also synced between many devices, so my iPad, phone, and even my wife’s MacBook could be working on a photoshoot at the same time. This allows us to be very efficient.
Starfield is a game I’ve had on my radar for awhile now. From Bethesda, the creators of Skyrim, they’re now bringing you that same exploration, but in space. The gameplay trailer was revealed yesterday. It’s everything I was expecting and more. Because Microsoft bought Bethesda, I’ll be buying an Xbox Series X just for this game. Thankfully it comes out next year, giving me time to prepare for it.
I started working out last week. Richard has been pushing me and teaching me about circuits. Monday through Friday was spent getting stronger. Looking to do the same this week. Hoping to make this a lifestyle change that sticks. Plus it’s cool having someone coaching me through it.
Dijion - Absolutely (Film)
Richard also introduced me to Dijion and this Absolutely album, and it’s been on repeat ever since. I haven’t heard something this good in a while. This live performance video feels so authentic, so raw. Doesn’t get much better than this.
Sony is launching their new Playstation Plus today. It’s a Netflix style library, an all you can eat buffet of 700+ games. As a casual gamer, I look forward to jumping in and out of all kinds of games.
I installed iOS 16 on my devices last week. The lock screen is the biggest change. Being able to have widget complications of my calendar and the weather there is something I didn’t know I needed. There’s also a Shared Photo Library that I look forward to using, where I can share with Olivia all the pictures of us together, and all of Rose, in one library. Anytime there’s a photo of them, it would automatically be on her phone too. That’ll make things easier.
- June 6th - A Lens Blur, second lens, time tracking, Trade coffee, WWDC
- May 30th: Yelling into the void, file management, MusicBox, television
- May 23rd: Turning 36, main photos page, so many photoblogs, and organizing digital stuff
- May 16th: New motivation, photoblogs, Slide strap, new logo, Kendrick Lamar
- May 9th: Becoming a pro, organizing photos, The Heart Part 5
- May 2nd: Make gifts, guest posts, a conversation with Jeff Goins, Mark One, My Apple Notes system, nashOS, Field Notes
- April 25th: Field Notes and stickers, cheap projector, Elon buys twitter
- April 18th: Why Mondays, share your story, aiming for instant, Family Dashboard, micro tools, making music again, create like there’s no metrics, I deleted TikTok
See you next week!