s many things I want to accomplish in my life, and in order to do so I’ll have to become more consistent with my routines. Routines and habits are things I’ve always struggled with, but by documenting this problem, it’ll help me focus on the task at hand, and keep track of it.
- Waking up early - I want to become a morning person, waking up before the sun is out.
- Reading - There’s so many books I want to read, and the cover and the title and the synopsis of the book are things I love, but to actually open the book and read it, seems to be impossible. My goal is start knocking these books out. To be a better writer, I have to be a better reader, and so this goal has to start showing up in my daily activities.
- Writing - I’m always writing, but I write without purpose, with no direction and goal. As long as I write something each day, I’ll be satisfied, but I’d really like to begin finishing more things.
- Working out - A goal of mine has always been to get in better shape. Due to basketball, my cardio has always been great, but I’d like to tone up and start lifting weights more.
- Basketball - I use to play basketball 3-4 times a week, but now I seem to only play 3-4 times a month. I don’t want to be the guy that used to be good at something, and then when someone brings it up in conversation, I reflect and say, “I use to be good at that and play it all the time.” I’m still young enough to play it a lot, I just need to stick to a routine of getting into the gym.
- No more fast food - I eat out way too much. I never eat at home. It’s much easier to go to a drive-through. This has to stop: it’s not healthy, and the cost begins to add up. There’s so much money I can be saving by just cutting this out of my life.
- Home-cooked meals - A long-term goal I always speak of is to start cooking. I’ve always wanted to be able to make those dishes that look perfect and taste delicious, and everyone praises that meal for weeks to come.
- Daily journal - As I work on these habits, my goal is to keep track of what I accomplish each day.Whether it’s private or public on my website. I want to to have a log of how my days are going. It’s healthy for my daily goals and routines, as well as for my writing habits.
- Earlier bedtime - For me to be a morning person, I’ll have to go to sleep much earlier. I’m usually asleep by 1 — I want this to become 10-11.