You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. — Buckminster Fuller
I have a lot of cool things coming in May, but first, let’s recap April. There was so much power in this month. If ever there’s a season that I need help finding direction again, I will look back on April 2019, and it’ll be my compass.
A month with 100 photos is a good month. I also created two music videos: The Wave of Life and Find Ourselves. I traveled to Biloxi, Texas, and New Orleans. I wrote about depression and how I didn’t let it define me. It was just a season. I wrote about moving projects along, and how I can help you move yours along. I took a trip to a castle and revisited a brief moment of my childhood. I started thinking about what I should do with the little brick from Bolivia. I wrote a letter to an anonymous friend. We had a guest post on my site from Drew. And I wrote about making an impact.
Here’s the first glimpse into the new album. This song, which is called The Wave of Life, features six different people collaborating in a variety of ways. The song is about friendships and relationships. It’s about overcoming adversity and finding joy and gratitude no matter what. It’s about breaking away from the norm and living every day uncomfortable. It’s about forgiveness and making peace with the people from your past. It’s about celebrating life, and remembering those who have finished their wave of life. This is from my upcoming album, The Illusion of Progress. It’s almost done. I hope you like it.
Here’s the second look into the new album. This song is called Find Ourselves. It’s about being lost and hurting, in a world that struggles to identify and help those people. These people usually look just like us. Most likely, they are us. But the world moves on, as if we’re all doing fine. “I just wanna be ok. That’s a prayer by itself.” Those are my favorite lyrics that I wrote for this song. It’s so simple, but it means so much. Our prayers don’t need to be extravagant. “I just wanna be ok.”
What an amazing month it’s been. I didn’t expect April to have a better photoblog than March, but it’s not even close! Last month I had 60 photos. This month has 100. For context, I usually only have about 20 per month. To say that February was an incredibly dark month for me, March and April showed me how seasons can change faster than I think. Time is a beautiful thing.
A few months ago, I had to schedule an immediate doctor’s appointment for my anxiety. It was bad. I knew that it was beyond my control this time. I’m usually really good at calming the anxiety down on my own, but this time around, those tools just weren’t working. When I arrived for my appointment, I started telling the doctor about the symptoms, and that’s when she stopped me and said something I didn’t expect to hear.
“Your symptoms. You don’t have anxiety. You have depression.”
I have about a dozen projects in the works right now (books, guest posts, new shirts, albums, photoblogs, vacation trips, etc.). They’re all moving along at the different speeds it takes to complete each one. Some will be done today. Some next week. Some next month. Some next year. But they’re all moving along. The timing for each one is perfect.
I was just a kid in a castle back then. Distant memories from 20 years ago, when I lived on the other side of the water. The big water. The bridge that never ended. Far, far away from my normal life.
So simple, but so powerful. It’s just a brick, but that brick was gifted to me from a little church 3,648 miles away from my home. From a church that was built from people that I personally know.
I wanted to write you this morning. And thank you. For everything you’ve done for me throughout this last decade. It’s little things. Little moments. Not the big ones.
This is a story about addictions and losing the people you love. It’s also a story about redemption and finding God. A story about finding strength in the weakest moments of your life. Drew is a friend of my family, and I’m thankful and honored that he shared his testimony with me.
Each of us is surrounded every day by our neighbors. They’re ahead of us, behind us, on each side of us. They’re every place we go. They’re sacking groceries and attending city council meetings. They’re holding cardboard signs on street corners and raking leaves next door. They play high school football and deliver the mail. They’re heroes and hookers and pastors and pilots. They live on the streets and design our bridges. They go to seminaries and live in prisons. They govern us and they bother us. They’re everywhere we look. It’s one thing we all have in common: we’re all somebody’s neighbor, and they’re ours. This has been God’s simple yet brilliant master plan from the beginning. He made a whole world of neighbors. We call it earth, but God just calls it a really big neighborhood. - Bob Goff
I’ve already accomplished a lot in my young life, but I feel like it’s all been things that have only been surface deep. Which means I’m just getting started. Which means that I’m aiming for the core now. For the root. For your heart. My new theme in life, and in everything I create: Be the light.
I'm Nash. I create things.
How Ninja makes $500,000 per month playing Fortnite
January 30, 2019
Sketchnote Mini Workshop
January 29, 2019
Phantom: The NBA in Slow Motion
Cross Church Notes: Keep The Change (01/27/19)
When The Heart’s Involved
Four Years at Cross Church
Harden Drops 61 In Madison Square Garden
Boogie - Everything’s For Sale (Short Film)
American Gods - Season 2 (Trailer)
Insurance market for football evaporating, causing major threat for NFL, Pop Warner, colleges
Cross Church Notes: Keep The Change (01/20/19)
Future - Jumpin on a Jet
The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work, who felt their own creative restive and uprising, and gave to it neither power nor time. - Mary Oliver
The Murlocs - Comfort Zone
High Flying Bird (Netflix Trailer)
Love words, agonize over sentences. And pay attention to the world. - Susan Sontag
Steve Carell to Star in Netflix Comedy Based on Trump’s ‘Space Force’
Modern Japanese house with courtyard wins at indoor-outdoor living
Luka Doncic Highlights
Spider-Man: Far From Home (Teaser Trailer)
Game of Thrones - Season 8: Crypts of Winterfell (Teaser Trailer)
Cross Church Notes: Keep The Change (01/13/19)
Apple architect picks a small prefab to savor CA countryside
IO (Netflix Trailer)
Velvet Buzzsaw (Netflix Trailer)
IMDb has launched an ad-supported movie streaming service
Boogie - Silent Ride (Official Music Video)
January 10, 2019
The more you appreciate simplicity, the more profound your understanding becomes. - Chogyam Trungpa
Shutter Island — Notice The Details
Cross Church Notes: Keep The Change (01/06/19)
James Harden Epic Scoring Run: 452 Points In 11 Games
Top 10 Nintendo Switch Indie Games You Should Own
Grit: the power of passion and perseverance | Angela Lee Duckworth
Nipsey Hussle - Victory Lap feat. Stacy Barthe [Official Video]
For My Brother: 005 - Christmas Morning
/ / / / /
Childish Gambino - Storytelling Through Hip-Hop
Iteration and Haptic Feedback
Trying to Conceive, by Chelsea Breaux
Frank Ocean - Godspeed (DVSN Remix)
About the iPhone 7 Design
Apple in Talks to Acquire Luxury Carmaker and Formula One Team McLaren
Kottke.org’s New Site Design (and the importance of launching things unfinished)
Just write and publish
iPhone is the new Film
iPhone 7 Render: Space Black Edition
iPhone 7: Day 1 (Photoblog)
What to expect from next week’s iPhone 7
Rounders: A Netflix Review
I didn’t watch either of the two Saints games, and that’s ok
The iPhone 7 completely demolishes Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 in a speed test
MKBHD: iPhone 7’s performance and camera
Dear Casey (Introduction to the iPhone)
Neil Cybart on AirPods
Inside an AirPod
iPhone 7 Ad
Skiler’s leaving for the Army: a photoblog of us saying goodbye
Apple tees up the future with iPhone 7 | TechCrunch
Pace, Rhythm, and Blogging
iPhone 7 At The US Open
The Power of Creation, by Ashley Cox Samanie
iPhone 7 Plus Photos from the Titans-Vikings Game
Propaganda Smoke Screen
‘If you think Apple Watch is a flop you are a moron.’
Carol: how my grandma impacted my life
Apple is trying to turn the iPhone into a DSLR using artificial intelligence
Introducing iPhone 7
Don’t Blink: a two minute video, quickly showing everything Apple announced today
Galaxy Note 7 Exploding Battery Issue Gifts Samsung’s Victory To Apple’s New iPhone 7
Dear Younger Me
Making the Climb: a guest post by Gilbert Marcel
Kanye Deconstructed: the human voice as the ultimate instrument
Phones are exploding, and nobody cares
Isaiah Rashad - Wat’s Wrong ft Zacari & Kendrick Lamar
Writing, Archives, Friends
NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang
Creative Minds: Small Group
Three things I’m thankful for.
May 22, 2019
- I found a 24 hour gym to play basketball yesterday. Played full court for a few hours. That was the third day since I been here in Texas that I played basketball. Thankful, but done for the rest of this trip. I got my fix.
- We’re going to Houston today, me and the family. Going enjoy the day together, and I’m going meet Austin Kleon, an author that just released a new book. Really looking forward to it.
- The last two nights I was really able to catchup on my sleep. Excited about that. Also been using an app on my Watch/iPhone, called SleepWatch, that monitors my sleep. So now I can try to improve it each day and find what works for me.
May 21, 2019
- This new book I’m reading. About personal freedom. Loving every word.
- This coffee that I’m drinking. Injured my throat during basketball last night, and this coffee is helping that pain.
- The amount of projects and ideas I have in Ulysses. New ones keep popping up, so ones that I was excited about the day before, slowly fade down, but I know they’ll all be completed when it’s their time.
May 20, 2019
- All the pictures and videos that I was able to get for Sariyah’s birthday party yesterday. Captured so many great memories.
- My breakfast this morning at Panera Bread.
- The week ahead. It’s a beautiful Monday. There’s a lot of plans and free time to have a combination of focus and adventure.
May 19, 2019
- Church this morning. Went visit Celebration Church in The Woodlands. It was really nice.
- I’m thankful for the cupcake pancake at IHOP this morning.
- Today’s Sariyah’s birthday party. I’m currently watching her swim. Thankful to be here with her for her special day.
May 18, 2019
- We made it to Texas safe.
- The way Sariyah embraced me and hugged me when she saw me.
- That I woke up at 5 am and have been working on projects all morning, before anyone else wakes up.
May 17, 2019
- Tyler, The Creator’a new album, IGOR. Incredible sound.
- The meeting I had yesterday with a new friend, about building a website for them.
- Going out of town today for about two weeks. Adventure time.
May 16, 2019
- The new video project I have with Renee and Michelle for the “See You Later” song (from New Album). Excited to see what comes of the footage.
- The /engine project I’m currently working on with Jay. Building out something bigger than ourselves right now.
- The simplicity of coffee and pancakes in the morning. Breakfast can be that simple and that perfect.
May 15, 2019
- I’m thankful for this beautiful day. Sitting outside and working on a few projects from the iPad, with coffee, water, and classic rock real low in the background.
- I’m thankful for all the links I have on my site that are just one word, and I use those daily to direct people to different things. (/music, /create, /thanks, /help, etc.). So thankful that I can build these locations to send people to when discussing certain topics.
- My afternoon adventure with a friend, relaxing, coffee, and running errands together.
May 14, 2019
- Today makes exactly two months since I’ve been doing my daily thanks. Just three things each morning. Sounds easy, but doing it every day can get challenging at times. This milestone is what I’m most thankful for today.
- I’m thankful for all the conversations I had yesterday. With a lot of new people, and each one flowed effortlessly. All day, I was on fire and inspired from this.
- I did a lot of work on my new album last. I let it go for a few weeks so I could hear it with fresh ears again. I’m so thankful for how polished it’s becoming. Almost done.
May 13, 2019
- The new collaborations I have in the works. I’m branching out to new people, that are more successful than me, and sharing my work with them, offering an opportunity to collab. Each one has been excited to do so.
- The tools that I have to create. I’m thankful that whatever idea I have, I have the tools to build out that idea immediately.
- A new opportunity that presented itself yesterday that will change so many things in my life. I’m so thankful that speaking things into light allows change.
May 12, 2019
- My mom. So thankful for her being in my life. Excited to spend church with her today.
- The time I spent with Kennedy this morning. It’s fun picking and joking with each other.
- The film crew and the professional video they made for me. I just watched the finished version, and it came out great.
May 11, 2019
- My card finally came in.
- Spending the day with Brayden.
- The amount of videos that have been recorded lately with the GoPro. I look forward to editing them all down into something creative.
May 10, 2019
- Dinner and movie with a friend last night.
- A very important phone call yesterday. Changed my perspective on so many things.
- This weekend’s plans: game tonight, birthday party tomorrow, working cafe Sunday morning.
May 9, 2019
- I serve in the church cafe this Sunday with my friend Kennedy. Thankful for this opportunity, to serve and help, to be around community, and to spend time with my friend.
- A new day. Last night, my anxiety was really bad. After taking my medicine, I went to sleep knowing that when I woke up, a new day would heal me. And it did.
- I’m thankful for my mom messaging me yesterday, after lunch, letting me know she’s ok. I love her so much.
May 8, 2019
- Spending time with Janea last night.
- The conversation I had with my dad.
- The peace I have over a current situation.
May 7, 2019
- The amount of guest posts I have in the works. I’m thankful that so many people are sharing their stories with me and allowing me to share them with the world. Share your truth. It’s such an amazing thing.
- The hour long conversation I had with my friend Lindsey yesterday. She has so much wisdom. I should’ve been taking notes.
- I’m thankful for my job and the ability to help my clients. I want to keep getting better at it, and find new ways to grow, but I’m thankful for where I currently am. This is just the beginning.
May 6, 2019
- I’m thankful for yesterday. Two different churches. Lunch with friends. Shopping. Ice cream. Time at the park with my brother and the kids. Lots of sleep.
- My friend Matt is leaving. Today is his last day here before moving to Missouri. He’s been pivotal for me through this season of depression and redemption. He saw me at my lowest, and now he’s leaving with me at my highest. You meet people in life, and it doesn’t matter the amount of time you’ve known each other. You can make an impact in small windows of time. It’s so important to remember that.
- I’m thankful for Mondays. It gets a bad rap, but it’s a fresh start. Every week this happens. A blank canvas. Another week to be whatever version of yourself you want to be. I’m thankful for this opportunity. I’m expecting a big week.
May 5, 2019
- Yesterday had a couple moments that would’ve usually brought me to a dark place. This time though, I barely felt them. My coping skills have been upgraded to 2.0, and I’m thankful for that. Tough little moments dont’ affect me the way they used to.
- I’m thankful for the Rockets win last night. For how aggressive they were and how focused Chris Paul was when the ball was in his hands.
- My health has been fluctuating lately. Makes me thankful for the days when I feel healthier. I’m thankful for the days when my health is so good that I don’t even think about my health.
May 4, 2019
- My workout session this morning with a trainer. I feel sore but stronger. It’s a great feeling.
- Today’s rainy day. I love rainy days when I don’t have any plans. Just to relax at home and watch movies.
- Last night’s pizza party at the park and watching a movie with friends.
May 3, 2019
- I’m thankful for the openings and closings of relationships and seasons. One ended yesterday. Another one will end in a few days. Some new ones started a few days ago. It’s a healthy revolving door of memories. A constant flow of people and moments that transition in and out of my life. It’s a beautiful thing.
- It’s Friday. Another weekend is waiting for me, with new adventures and opportunities. I’m excited to see where these next few days take me. A combination of busy days and empty days filled with potential and space to do anything.
- I’m thankful for this new confidence that I have each day. Through each conversation I have with someone, and the way that I’m approaching situations and life as a whole, I feel a sense of purpose and vision that isn’t slowing down. I’m thankful for this clarity and understanding on the direction of my life.
May 2, 2019
- Counseling session this morning. There’s several things I need to update her on. Things that I’m excited about, and things I need help working through. That’s what it’s for. Another tool in the toolbox.
- Thursday church service tonight. It used to be called Deeper. Now it’s called First Thursday. I’ll always call it Deeper though, because that’s what it’s about. I look forward to going deeper into the word tonight.
- I released a new shirt last night. I’ve released a dozen shirts over the years, but this is the first one I’ve made for myself. “Be the light” is what the shirt says. And I’m excited to start wearing that on my chest.
May 1, 2019
- I’m thankful for a new month. A fresh start. A new perspective. Each month we get a “First”. I’m thankful for the opportunity to begin again.
- The conversation that I just had with a co-worker/mentor. Great advice and direction. Speaking out and letting people know my heart has brought me so far lately.
- All the projects that I’m working on. To have so many things I’m working on at one time keeps me excited and focused on the future. So thankful for this.
April 30, 2019
- Community. If I have one thing to be thankful for this month, it’s community.
- The amount of work and creating I’m able to do on just an iPad. The month of April really shows me this.
- The way that I’m memorizing all the worship songs that I listen to daily. The songs are becoming part of my identity.
April 29, 2019
- Water and black coffee. No sugars. No sodas. No creamer. When you fall in love with just water, and just coffee, with nothing added, drinking becomes so much easier. It’s very accessible. I love that it’s all I drink most days.
- The phone call I just had with a friend. We talked a lot about speaking voices and being motivated and my packing skills and how I pack each morning for an adventure.
- The counter in my kitchen. Huge open space with nothing on it. It’s been my new favorite place to setup. My iPad is opened ready to type, my bag is next to it, opened up, making sure I have everything for the day. Water and coffee is on the right side of it. It then becomes my standing desk. To create and plan.
April 28, 2019
- The group of friends that came with me today to visit House of Prayer. Two churches on Sunday morning, and now with a group of friends joining me, is such a great feeling.
- All the familiar faces I saw at HOP that came and said hello. I’m so thankful that I’ll be able to build new relationship with these people.
- I didn’t sleep but an hour last night, because of a recording session, but I feel full of energy today, and I feel inspired and on fire. Amazing day.
April 27, 2019
- My trip to Franklinton today. A visit to my past. I lived here once, and haven’t been back since. Going take pictures and videos of places I spent time at.
- My group text with my two childhood friends. We never see each other, but we seem to still text back and forth every day. Through the debates, and fun arguments about sports and movies, I know there’s love there.
- My morning routine of, as soon as my eyes open, I tell Siri to play worship music. And I listen for an hour or so. It changes the atmosphere of my morning.
April 26, 2019
- The conversation I had with my friend last night. It wasn’t planned. She called. I stopped by. We talked. I was able to pour into her life the way she usually does for me. The student has become the teacher.
- My plans for this weekend. Lately, all weekends have been an adventure, and this one is no different. Traveling, videos, Avengers, two churches.
- The mentors that I have in my life. As I watched a video on RightNow Media this morning, I was reminded of the older and wiser people I have in my life that I’m so thankful for: Mrs. Tracy, Mr. Bill, and Mr. Joe are the three that come to mind.
April 25, 2019
- Being back home after a few days out of town. As much fun as I have traveling, it’s always nice to get back to my normal routine.
- The Houston Rockets advanced to the second round last night. I’m thankful that Chris Paul is having another shot in the playoffs. At the root of it, I’m thankful that I enjoy watching his games so much.
- I’m thankful for seasons changing. They come and go. Moods shift. What brings contentment now, won’t work the next time. I’m thankful that with each season, I’m given new tools and perspective.
April 24, 2019
- New Orleans. People travel from around the world to see a place that is right next to me. There’s so much beauty and culture here.
- A camera. Allowing me to capture the world as I see it, and share my perspective in creative ways.
- My church and the community it’s given me on a daily basis. I’ve learned how important it is not to do life alone.
April 23, 2019
- Hanging out with Kameron yesterday, learning about his tech and toys, and him handing over his Canon camera for me to capture more stories.
- Being able to play basketball at U.N.O yesterday. No matter the city I’m in, I want to be intentional about finding a way to play basketball.
- Cody Carnes song, Nothing Else. “I’m sorry, when I’ve just gone through the motions. […] I’m sorry, when I’ve come with my agenda. I’m sorry, when I forgot that you’re enough.”
April 22, 2019
- Yesterday as a whole. Church service. Breakfast with a friend. Amazing time with my family. All the pictures. So many memories. So much joy.
- Last night’s play that I attended called, “My Redeemer Lives.” It was creative, collaborative, intense, and beautiful.
- Today is travel day for my job, for a week-long leadership conference. I’m thankful for these opportunities I’ve been given.
April 21, 2019
- Rae Lynn for letting me borrow Bob Goff’s book, Everybody Always.
- Janea for mentioning Bob Goff enough times that when I walked into Rae Lynn’s house, I saw the book and knew I needed it.
- Bob Goff for writing this book. I only read the first chapter so far, but he might be my favorite author now. “It’s given me comfort knowing we’re all rough drafts of the people we’re still becoming.”
April 20, 2019
- Elevation Worship’s new album, Paradoxology. It’s been on repeat for the past two days. It’s been my soundtrack.
- My time spent with Sariyah and Skiler yesterday. Just walking around the Houston Science Museum. Such a beautiful memory.
- My April photoblog. Slowly finishing up all the details of this month’s photoblog to release in a few days, and I’m seeing how many special moments I’ve had lately.
April 19, 2019
- These lyrics: “Can’t go back to the beginning. Can’t control what tomorrow will bring. But I know here in the middle, is the place where you promise to be.”
- GPS technology, allowing me to go on adventures without needing a paper map.
- My conversation with Ms. Robin last night. I’m learning how important it is to let people older and wiser than me speak into my life.
April 18, 2019
- My coffee meeting with JP yesterday. Iron sharpens iron. He’s someone that always pours life and wisdom into me each time we have a conversation.
- My road trip to Houston today. It’s gonna be a great weekend.
- Maple Bacon Eclairs at Mr. Ronnie’s Donuts. They currently have my heart.
April 17, 2019
- This new song I created yesterday for my brother, called Your Sobriety.
- This morning’s meeting with Chase and the two hour conversation we had about life and the upcoming projects.
- Hanging out with my friend Abigail and getting to know her better.
April 16, 2019
- My mom is coming with me to church on Easter Sunday. I’m excited to spend that time with her on a special day.
- My jacket still smells like smoke from the barn fire we had a few weeks ago, even after washing it. My first thought was upset that I couldn’t get the smell out yet, but then I realized, as I’m sitting in the office, that it brings back an amazing memory. It brings me right back to that moment with my friends.
- My MACV-1 boots. I wear them daily: for work, to church, to the beach, to climb trees, and whatever else life throws at me.
April 15, 2019
- Yesterday not going as planned, but yet turning out better than the plans could’ve ever been.
- The weekend as a whole. The most refreshing and fulfilling weekend in a long time.
- I should be finished with The Wave of Life video by tomorrow. I’ve been working on it nonstop for three days now.
April 14, 2019
- Today makes exactly one month that I’ve been making this daily list. So thankful for this project and everything it’s changed in my life.
- Spent yesterday on the beach with friends. It was perfect in so many ways.
- The music video we shot for The Wave of Life, a song from my new album.
April 13, 2019
- NBA Playoffs start today. I’ve been looking forward to this day for a long time.
- This Biloxi vacation with friends.
- Getting to spend time with my Aunt Monica and cousin Jarden the other day.
April 12, 2019
- Selima’s gift, prayer, and voice memo to me yesterday. It was beautiful.
- David’s group and dinner last night.
- My conversation with a friend by the water.
April 11, 2019
- My brother graduates drug court today. I’m so thankful for the steps he’s taken to better himself. His growth in these last two years is mind-blowing.
- His wisdom, guidance and love for everyone around him. At times, it’s easy to forget that he’s younger than me. Sometimes it feels like he’s my big brother.
- His family: Rachel, Ashton, Bentley and Petal. They are such a blessing in my life. I’m beyond thankful for each one of them.
April 10, 2019
- Rekindled friendships. The universe will bring back those who are meant to be around.
- Kristal’s recording sessions last night. She’s adding another layer to an already layered album.
- The conversations I had with my Aunt Cherri and my Nanny. Those two phone calls brought us that much closer.
April 9, 2019
- The dinner my brother cooked for us last night. Shrimp spaghetti with tortellini pasta.
- Austin Kleon’s new book, Keep Going.
- My Website. No matter the season, good or bad, I have an outlet to document my thoughts and ideas.
April 8, 2019
- Sitting and laying by the water for hours, just hanging out with my sister.
- Two new pastors poured into my life yesterday. From Ireland and House of Prayer.
- Getting to help a friend with a memorial video last night.
April 7, 2019
- My glasses that allow me to see. The world would be much different without them.
- My GR1 backpack. It’s with me every day, packed with basketball gear, an extra pair of clothes, GoPro, medicine, iPad, and more. Always ready for an adventure.
- My little sister’s text message last night, asking if she can come to church with me.
April 6, 2019
- Altina, Cameron, Kristal, Aaron, Matt, Charles, and Brandon spending the night in the studio with me last night. Magic was definitely made.
- I’m not just showing my talents anymore. I’m getting better at showing my heart. Becoming more vulnerable, and turning my weaknesses into strengths.
- All the voice memos I’ve received from people that have lost someone. There’s power in their words.
April 5, 2019
- Last night’s worship team.
- I wrote and recorded my new favorite song last night in less than an hour, right before church. I’m thankful for that speed of inspiration and execution.
- Mrs. Renee’s prayer for me. It was so simple and powerful. “Rest.”
April 4, 2019
- Tonight’s Cross Church service. Been looking forward to it all week.
- FaceTime calls with my sister Skiler and my godchild Sariyah. Even though they moved away, these video calls are now bringing us closer than ever.
- What Pastor Brandon said this morning: “He’s not letting his problems shape his view of God. He’s letting God shape his view of his problems.”
April 3, 2019
- My health. It’s easy to take it for granted. It usually takes a sickness or an injury for me to remember how blessed I am to live such a healthy physical life.
- The amount of people collaborating with me on my new album. So many gifts and testimony’s collectively on one project.
- Amanda Lindsey Cook’s album, “House on a Hill”.
April 2, 2019
- Today’s my friend Kip’s birthday. I’m thankful that he’s been in my life for almost 30 years and our closeness has never wavered. He’s family.
- My friend Matt. A brand new friendship, but feels like I’ve been knowing him for years. Perfect bond for the perfect time in my life.
- My dad’s phone calls. Every time he calls, we have a very fulfilling conversation. It’s something I look forward to so much.
April 1, 2019
- Playing one on one basketball with Pastor Brandon yesterday. First one to score wins.
- Sitting by the fire for hours with Matt and Janea last night.
- Starting the new month with excitement, peace and vision.
March 31, 2019
- The conversation I had with Mr. Kip about my Uncle Larry who passed away.
- Writing my monthly recaps each month, allowing me to reflect.
- My friend Jason, who always finds ways to be a motivator in my creative and personal life.
March 30, 2019
- All night studio session and pizza party with friends.
- My friend Janea is back home.
- Going to Nola today for a crawfish boil cook-off.
March 29, 2019
- The current peace that I’ve been having each day.
- Finished the intro to my album last night.
- Getting to spend yesterday filming and working in new office.
March 28, 2019
- How well my new album is coming together.
- My counseling session this morning.
- All the photos I captured during March.
March 27, 2019
- Last night’s beef stew and getting to try out the Walk-In Tub at Peter’s. Felt like a jacuzzi.
- Worship music.
- My new workstation in my office.
March 26, 2019
- Last night’s small group, dinner, and message at Mr. Ray’s house.
- My friend Dodi.
- The words I heard last night, “God, don’t let my pain go to waste.”
March 25, 2019
- Krista coming over to record on my new song
- Dinner with my brother. He cooked a chicken spaghetti
- Playing basketball at the Wellness center
March 24, 2019
- My conversation with Chase last night
- The peace that I have this morning
- My new office space to create
March 23, 2019
- My iPhone camera
- My SOAP guide to read/study the Bible
- My little brother’s birthday party today
March 22, 2019
- My Bible
- My friend Brittney’s wisdom and help
- Last night’s Bible Study Small Group
March 21, 2019
- Last night’s worship team at Vision Christian Center in Bourg. It was intense.
- Last night’s full moon
- Hanging out with Krista at the park under the moon, performing her acoustic songs
March 20, 2019
- My godchild, Sariyah
- The film crew from yesterday
- My GR1 backpack
March 19, 2019
- My ability to play basketball
- My iPad Pro
- Ulysses, my writing app
March 18, 2019
- The marina park on the side of my house
- The fan next to my bed
- The amount of water I get to drink
March 17, 2019
- My mom
- Mrs. Heather
- My creativity
March 16, 2019
- My sister, Skiler
- My sister, Nevaeh
- My brother, Brayden
March 15, 2019
- My house
- My blog
- My brother, Nick
March 14, 2019
- My job
- My car
- My church
/ / /
The membership is yearly contribution to support all things created on nashp.com. There’s no pressure to join. If you feel like I’ve brought you enough value, then join. Otherwise, I’ll keep working.