Journal: April 2019
This Journal Page Will Be Updated Frequently Throughout the Month.
April 1, 2019
Good morning. What a month last month was. Now the process starts over again. I have to build on all the blessings from March, and I’m excited about what’s coming. But, with a new month, comes new emotions. It’s a rollercoaster. Highs and lows. I’m learning how to stay grounded through both moments. Stay balanced. Even today, I’ve had a variety of emotions already, and we’re only halfway through the day.
Phrases That Keep Repeating in My Mind
- Be the light.
- Stay uncomfortable.
- God, remember me.
- God, don’t waste my pain.
- Stay conscious of God.
This Week’s Schedule
- Today: Basketball tonight at Wellness Center.
- Tuesday: Play in basketball game at Civic Center.
- Wednesday: Coffee meeting with Corey Paul.
- Thursday: Deeper (First Thursday) church service.
- Friday: Basketball with church friends.
- Saturday: SOAR small group.
- Sunday: House of Prayer and Cross Church.
April 2, 2019
Today has been another day of ups and downs. More ups. It’s been inspiring. It’s been me reaching out, finding ways to get others to contribute to the upcoming album. Me helping others is what’s helping me. Stay inspired. Stay on fire. The voice memos are pouring in. People are excited to join the journey. It’s coming together so beautiful.
“Stay conscious of God,” is a saying Matt told me a few nights ago, and that’s been my new way to go about my day. Just staying conscious, though isn’t enough, is enough to know that I’m in good hands as long as I stay conscious.
Basketball game tonight.
April 4, 2019
At Downtown Jeaux. Drinking a Chai Tea, brainstorming and processing all the creative projects I have going on. I hurt my neck a few nights ago (at the basketball game). Went to the doctor, they gave me medicine, so I’ve been resting ever since. Hurts to turn my head.
April 12, 2019
Wow. What a season it’s been.
I haven’t been journaling much lately, because I haven’t stopped moving. The speed of time lately has been incredible. The inspiration is flowing. The people are lining up to record daily. Life is just pouring in, and I’m incredibly thankful for it. Definitely not taking it for granted.
Leaving for Biloxi in two hours. Bag is packed. Planning to shoot a music video. Planning to have a blast with some friend. Staying at a Bed and Breakfast near the beach. This trip wasn’t really planned. It just happened. And that about sums up this past month for me. I wake up with expectancy for an adventure and for life to happen. I’m being intentional about planning things daily and making sure that I’m embracing the community that I’ve built in my life. Being intentional about spending time with those who are in my life.
The album continues to get better by the day. The layers are evolving. The amount of people that have contributed is incredible. And we’re still nowhere near done. All production has been purchased. Next weekend the album will be getting mixed and mastered. It’s all just happening really fast. I’m in love with it.
The book will join the album. Every word from the album will be built into it’s own little book. That’s almost done too. I want to add some essays to it as well, to compliment the lyrics.
A weekend on the beach, NBA Playoffs start tomorrow night, and visiting two churches Sunday. Monday I’ve been invited to play basketball with a new group of guys. Those are always my favorite, playing against new people. Such a fulfilling next few days. My heart is full.
Get in touch with me if there’s anything I can help you with, or if you’d like to be involved with these big projects I have coming up.
April 24, 2019
The fire needs to continue. The well ran dry today. It’ll happen. I have to find ways to prevent it, though.
Have you lost someone? A friend, a parent, a child, a family member, that was gone too soon? I need your voice. Your testimony. A story about them. Let’s let their name live on through this project. Get in touch with me.
Are you someone who’s struggling (or has struggled) with depression or anxiety? If not you, someone very close to you is battling with this, and you might not even know about it. It’s more common than we realize, and it shouldn’t be overlooked. If there’s anything I could do to help you or simply bring awareness to your story, get in touch with me. I need your voice. Your testimony. Your heart. It’s not a weakness if we turn it into a strength.
April 25, 2019
What worked before isn’t working now. Stagnant.
- What am I thankful for?
- Who can I help?
- Who can help me?
- How is my schedule?
- How is my relationship with God?
- How is my relationship with those around me?
There’s silence. Maybe that’s a good thing. How can I use this silence to hear God’s voice speak to me? Continue to pour into worship music, and
What I’m looking for is two things:
- A short voice memo that discusses this topic. Short and sweet (20, 20 seconds), what you’re going through and how you/someone else can/will find the light at the end of the tunnel. Anything that discusses this topic will help so many people. It’ll be on the new album.
- A few paragraphs that isn’t short and sweet, but breaks down your story. Tell your truth. Open your heart and bring light to the pain. nashp.com/guest is a good place to look and see how they told theirs. This is your opportunity to tell yours.
I’m assembling a team of avengers. To go watch Avengers. Guess I’ll be Iron Man (if that matters to you).
My second errand is complete. I went to target. For fancy coffee. Twizzlers filled bites, rice crispy treat cereal, milk, and toilet paper. I win.
April 26, 2019
- Watching Game of Thrones
- Feeling inspired
- Organizing my posts from this month
- Preparing for monthly recap
- Have a big trip this weekend that I’ll be taking
- Two churches I’ll be going to Sunday
- I’ll be watching The Avengers this weekend
- Also, there’s a going away party for my friend Matt. Bittersweet.
- Wondering when the Rockets will play again, and who they’ll play. Warriors or Clippers. Imagine if the Clips upset the Warriors.
- Had a great talk with a friend tonight. Thankful that I was able to pour into her life.
- I find myself pouring into people with ease lately. I never get truly qualified to do so, until recently. I feel led to now.
- RightNow Media
- Small Groups
- Sleep Early
RightNow: 40 Verses to Ignite Your Faith
God doesn’t operate on our timeline
Live a God story.
Find people that see something in you.
- Mrs. Tracey
- Bill Pervis
- Joe Caldwell
I’ll be getting a record player soon. For my room. I’m starting to think about what records I’d like to own. Not many. Just a few. That I know I’d keep going back to.
- Frank Sinatra: Platinum Collection
- John Mayer discography
- Frank Ocean - Blonde
- Leon Bridges - Coming Home
The Little Brick From Bolivia
So simple, but so powerful. It’s just a brick, but that brick was gifted to me from a little church 3,648 miles away from my home. From a church that was built from people that I personally know.
This little brick comes from Bolivia. From the church that was built there a few years ago. The note comes from my friend Chip, thanking me for the money that I originally raised for myself to go, but then backed out at the last minute. That money was then given to him make his trip possible.
I need your help. With ideas. Comments (maybe vote by liking the best comment on the way this should be displayed). I want to turn something that already means a lot to me, into something I can put on display and not just be stored away and hidden. It deserves to be seen.