Journal: July 13, 2018
Good morning. It’s 4am. The bed was just made, the Keurig is currently pouring my coffee, the dryer next to me is spinning the clothes that I’ll pickup soon, and a podcast is playing in the background. Most importantly, though, it’s Friday. Cheers.
I’ve spent the week redesigning certain aspects of the blog, doing things that I didn’t even know were possible until recently. I don’t have to show a full stream of recent posts as my only option anymore. Now, recent posts from a particular tag will populate in it’s own section. Compartmentalizing is such a major theme in my life that this new feature speaks to my soul.
This area of my life has taken a step back in a lot of ways lately. My mood has been off, my busyness has isolated me, and I’m not satisfied with the current trajectory that I’m going. So I’m being proactive. Sometimes, the only way I know how to do things is through my task manager, so I’ve put a fun project on there, with hopes that I’ll be intentional and fix this current slump.
- go to a concert
- run a race
- add a cool playlist to Apple Music
- go to the movies
- find water
- read a new book
- a day in Nola
- go to a museum
If you have anymore ideas for me, send them my way (maybe even press the little chat button at the bottom and throw an idea in there). I’d love to expand this with things that I never even thought of. The project has a deadline for September 22nd, the last day of summer, which makes this fun little project have some urgency, instead of it being something I’d like to do one day (life hack).
My first job, my office job, is going smooth. I’m continuing to learn new things, and after several months of being with the company, I’m finally getting a good feel for the day-to-day operations. For my second job, the driving one, I just received my first paycheck. My first week there was fun, mindless, and easy enough not to burn myself out from leaving my first job. I’m satisfied with how the process of both jobs is going.
I'm Nash. I create things.
How Ninja makes $500,000 per month playing Fortnite
January 30, 2019
Sketchnote Mini Workshop
January 29, 2019
Phantom: The NBA in Slow Motion
Cross Church Notes: Keep The Change (01/27/19)
When The Heart’s Involved
Four Years at Cross Church
Harden Drops 61 In Madison Square Garden
Boogie - Everything’s For Sale (Short Film)
American Gods - Season 2 (Trailer)
Insurance market for football evaporating, causing major threat for NFL, Pop Warner, colleges
Cross Church Notes: Keep The Change (01/20/19)
Future - Jumpin on a Jet
The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work, who felt their own creative restive and uprising, and gave to it neither power nor time. - Mary Oliver
The Murlocs - Comfort Zone
High Flying Bird (Netflix Trailer)
Love words, agonize over sentences. And pay attention to the world. - Susan Sontag
Steve Carell to Star in Netflix Comedy Based on Trump’s ‘Space Force’
Modern Japanese house with courtyard wins at indoor-outdoor living
Luka Doncic Highlights
Spider-Man: Far From Home (Teaser Trailer)
Game of Thrones - Season 8: Crypts of Winterfell (Teaser Trailer)
Cross Church Notes: Keep The Change (01/13/19)
Apple architect picks a small prefab to savor CA countryside
IO (Netflix Trailer)
Velvet Buzzsaw (Netflix Trailer)
IMDb has launched an ad-supported movie streaming service
Boogie - Silent Ride (Official Music Video)
January 10, 2019
The more you appreciate simplicity, the more profound your understanding becomes. - Chogyam Trungpa
Shutter Island — Notice The Details
Cross Church Notes: Keep The Change (01/06/19)
James Harden Epic Scoring Run: 452 Points In 11 Games
Top 10 Nintendo Switch Indie Games You Should Own
Grit: the power of passion and perseverance | Angela Lee Duckworth
Nipsey Hussle - Victory Lap feat. Stacy Barthe [Official Video]
For My Brother: 005 - Christmas Morning
Childish Gambino - Storytelling Through Hip-Hop
Iteration and Haptic Feedback
Trying to Conceive, by Chelsea Breaux
Frank Ocean - Godspeed (DVSN Remix)
About the iPhone 7 Design
Apple in Talks to Acquire Luxury Carmaker and Formula One Team McLaren
Kottke.org’s New Site Design (and the importance of launching things unfinished)
Just write and publish
iPhone is the new Film
iPhone 7 Render: Space Black Edition
iPhone 7: Day 1 (Photoblog)
What to expect from next week’s iPhone 7
Rounders: A Netflix Review
I didn’t watch either of the two Saints games, and that’s ok
The iPhone 7 completely demolishes Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 in a speed test
MKBHD: iPhone 7’s performance and camera
Dear Casey (Introduction to the iPhone)
Neil Cybart on AirPods
Inside an AirPod
iPhone 7 Ad
Skiler’s leaving for the Army: a photoblog of us saying goodbye
Apple tees up the future with iPhone 7 | TechCrunch
Pace, Rhythm, and Blogging
iPhone 7 At The US Open
The Power of Creation, by Ashley Cox Samanie
iPhone 7 Plus Photos from the Titans-Vikings Game
Propaganda Smoke Screen
‘If you think Apple Watch is a flop you are a moron.’
Carol: how my grandma impacted my life
Apple is trying to turn the iPhone into a DSLR using artificial intelligence
Introducing iPhone 7
Don’t Blink: a two minute video, quickly showing everything Apple announced today
Galaxy Note 7 Exploding Battery Issue Gifts Samsung’s Victory To Apple’s New iPhone 7
Dear Younger Me
Making the Climb: a guest post by Gilbert Marcel
Kanye Deconstructed: the human voice as the ultimate instrument
Phones are exploding, and nobody cares
Isaiah Rashad - Wat’s Wrong ft Zacari & Kendrick Lamar
Writing, Archives, Friends
NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang
Creative Minds: Small Group
Three things I’m thankful for.
April 21, 2019
- Rae Lynn for letting me borrow Bob Goff’s book, Everybody Always.
- Janea for mentioning Bob Goff enough times that when I walked into Rae Lynn’s house, I saw the book and knew I needed it.
- Bob Goff for writing this book. I only read the first chapter so far, but he might be my favorite author now. “It’s given me comfort knowing we’re all rough drafts of the people we’re still becoming.”
April 20, 2019
- Elevation Worship’s new album, Paradoxology. It’s been on repeat for the past two days. It’s been my soundtrack.
- My time spent with Sariyah and Skiler yesterday. Just walking around the Houston Science Museum. Such a beautiful memory.
- My April photoblog. Slowly finishing up all the details of this month’s photoblog to release in a few days, and I’m seeing how many special moments I’ve had lately.
April 19, 2019
- These lyrics: “Can’t go back to the beginning. Can’t control what tomorrow will bring. But I know here in the middle, is the place where you promise to be.”
- GPS technology, allowing me to go on adventures without needing a paper map.
- My conversation with Ms. Robin last night. I’m learning how important it is to let people older and wiser than me speak into my life.
April 18, 2019
- My coffee meeting with JP yesterday. Iron sharpens iron. He’s someone that always pours life and wisdom into me each time we have a conversation.
- My road trip to Houston today. It’s gonna be a great weekend.
- Maple Bacon Eclairs at Mr. Ronnie’s Donuts. They currently have my heart.
April 17, 2019
- This new song I created yesterday for my brother, called Your Sobriety.
- This morning’s meeting with Chase and the two hour conversation we had about life and the upcoming projects.
- Hanging out with my friend Abigail and getting to know her better.
April 16, 2019
- My mom is coming with me to church on Easter Sunday. I’m excited to spend that time with her on a special day.
- My jacket still smells like smoke from the barn fire we had a few weeks ago, even after washing it. My first thought was upset that I couldn’t get the smell out yet, but then I realized, as I’m sitting in the office, that it brings back an amazing memory. It brings me right back to that moment with my friends.
- My MACV-1 boots. I wear them daily: for work, to church, to the beach, to climb trees, and whatever else life throws at me.
April 15, 2019
- Yesterday not going as planned, but yet turning out better than the plans could’ve ever been.
- The weekend as a whole. The most refreshing and fulfilling weekend in a long time.
- I should be finished with The Wave of Life video by tomorrow. I’ve been working on it nonstop for three days now.
April 14, 2019
- Today makes exactly one month that I’ve been making this daily list. So thankful for this project and everything it’s changed in my life.
- Spent yesterday on the beach with friends. It was perfect in so many ways.
- The music video we shot for The Wave of Life, a song from my new album.
April 13, 2019
- NBA Playoffs start today. I’ve been looking forward to this day for a long time.
- This Biloxi vacation with friends.
- Getting to spend time with my Aunt Monica and cousin Jarden the other day.
April 12, 2019
- Selima’s gift, prayer, and voice memo to me yesterday. It was beautiful.
- David’s group and dinner last night.
- My conversation with a friend by the water.
April 11, 2019
- My brother graduates drug court today. I’m so thankful for the steps he’s taken to better himself. His growth in these last two years is mind-blowing.
- His wisdom, guidance and love for everyone around him. At times, it’s easy to forget that he’s younger than me. Sometimes it feels like he’s my big brother.
- His family: Rachel, Ashton, Bentley and Petal. They are such a blessing in my life. I’m beyond thankful for each one of them.
April 10, 2019
- Rekindled friendships. The universe will bring back those who are meant to be around.
- Kristal’s recording sessions last night. She’s adding another layer to an already layered album.
- The conversations I had with my Aunt Cherri and my Nanny. Those two phone calls brought us that much closer.
April 9, 2019
- The dinner my brother cooked for us last night. Shrimp spaghetti with tortellini pasta.
- Austin Kleon’s new book, Keep Going.
- My Website. No matter the season, good or bad, I have an outlet to document my thoughts and ideas.
April 8, 2019
- Sitting and laying by the water for hours, just hanging out with my sister.
- Two new pastors poured into my life yesterday. From Ireland and House of Prayer.
- Getting to help a friend with a memorial video last night.
April 7, 2019
- My glasses that allow me to see. The world would be much different without them.
- My GR1 backpack. It’s with me every day, packed with basketball gear, an extra pair of clothes, GoPro, medicine, iPad, and more. Always ready for an adventure.
- My little sister’s text message last night, asking if she can come to church with me.
April 6, 2019
- Altina, Cameron, Kristal, Aaron, Matt, Charles, and Brandon spending the night in the studio with me last night. Magic was definitely made.
- I’m not just showing my talents anymore. I’m getting better at showing my heart. Becoming more vulnerable, and turning my weaknesses into strengths.
- All the voice memos I’ve received from people that have lost someone. There’s power in their words.
April 5, 2019
- Last night’s worship team.
- I wrote and recorded my new favorite song last night in less than an hour, right before church. I’m thankful for that speed of inspiration and execution.
- Mrs. Renee’s prayer for me. It was so simple and powerful. “Rest.”
April 4, 2019
- Tonight’s Cross Church service. Been looking forward to it all week.
- FaceTime calls with my sister Skiler and my godchild Sariyah. Even though they moved away, these video calls are now bringing us closer than ever.
- What Pastor Brandon said this morning: “He’s not letting his problems shape his view of God. He’s letting God shape his view of his problems.”
April 3, 2019
- My health. It’s easy to take it for granted. It usually takes a sickness or an injury for me to remember how blessed I am to live such a healthy physical life.
- The amount of people collaborating with me on my new album. So many gifts and testimony’s collectively on one project.
- Amanda Lindsey Cook’s album, “House on a Hill”.
April 2, 2019
- Today’s my friend Kip’s birthday. I’m thankful that he’s been in my life for almost 30 years and our closeness has never wavered. He’s family.
- My friend Matt. A brand new friendship, but feels like I’ve been knowing him for years. Perfect bond for the perfect time in my life.
- My dad’s phone calls. Every time he calls, we have a very fulfilling conversation. It’s something I look forward to so much.
April 1, 2019
- Playing one on one basketball with Pastor Brandon yesterday. First one to score wins.
- Sitting by the fire for hours with Matt and Janea last night.
- Starting the new month with excitement, peace and vision.
March 31, 2019
- The conversation I had with Mr. Kip about my Uncle Larry who passed away.
- Writing my monthly recaps each month, allowing me to reflect.
- My friend Jason, who always finds ways to be a motivator in my creative and personal life.
March 30, 2019
- All night studio session and pizza party with friends.
- My friend Janea is back home.
- Going to Nola today for a crawfish boil cook-off.
March 29, 2019
- The current peace that I’ve been having each day.
- Finished the intro to my album last night.
- Getting to spend yesterday filming and working in new office.
March 28, 2019
- How well my new album is coming together.
- My counseling session this morning.
- All the photos I captured during March.
March 27, 2019
- Last night’s beef stew and getting to try out the Walk-In Tub at Peter’s. Felt like a jacuzzi.
- Worship music.
- My new workstation in my office.
March 26, 2019
- Last night’s small group, dinner, and message at Mr. Ray’s house.
- My friend Dodi.
- The words I heard last night, “God, don’t let my pain go to waste.”
March 25, 2019
- Krista coming over to record on my new song
- Dinner with my brother. He cooked a chicken spaghetti
- Playing basketball at the Wellness center
March 24, 2019
- My conversation with Chase last night
- The peace that I have this morning
- My new office space to create
March 23, 2019
- My iPhone camera
- My SOAP guide to read/study the Bible
- My little brother’s birthday party today
March 22, 2019
- My Bible
- My friend Brittney’s wisdom and help
- Last night’s Bible Study Small Group
March 21, 2019
- Last night’s worship team at Vision Christian Center in Bourg. It was intense.
- Last night’s full moon
- Hanging out with Krista at the park under the moon, performing her acoustic songs
March 20, 2019
- My godchild, Sariyah
- The film crew from yesterday
- My GR1 backpack
March 19, 2019
- My ability to play basketball
- My iPad Pro
- Ulysses, my writing app
March 18, 2019
- The marina park on the side of my house
- The fan next to my bed
- The amount of water I get to drink
March 17, 2019
- My mom
- Mrs. Heather
- My creativity
March 16, 2019
- My sister, Skiler
- My sister, Nevaeh
- My brother, Brayden
March 15, 2019
- My house
- My blog
- My brother, Nick
March 14, 2019
- My job
- My car
- My church
The membership is yearly contribution to support all things created on nashp.com. There’s no pressure to join. If you feel like I’ve brought you enough value, then join. Otherwise, I’ll keep working.